Report Card Comments for Teachers: Handwriting and Spelling
- __ is an excellent speller.
- I can tell __ studies for his/her spelling test each week.
- __ needs to study his/her assigned spelling words each week.
- __ knows his/her assigned words, but needs to apply spelling skills to writing assignments.
- __ has difficulty with phonemic awareness.
- __ has difficulty applying spelling and phonics rules.
- __ needs to improve spelling in written work.
- __ does well when he/she studies for spelling tests.
- __ does not double check his/her spelling carefully.
- __ needs to improve spelling in other subjects.
- __ has difficulty memorizing letter combinations.
- __ needs to become a more independent speller.
- __ needs to memorize the spelling of basic sight words.
- __ needs to gain confidence in his/her ability to spell words.
- Spelling interferes with that ability to understand __'s written works.
Handwriting & Penmanship Comments
- _ has model handwriting.
- __ often reverses lower-case b and d.
- __'s handwriting will improve if he/she continues to hold his/her pencil properly.
- I would like to see __ use cursive handwriting for all assignments.
- __ needs to learn to form cursive letters properly.
- __ has very neat handwriting when he/she takes his time.
- __ needs to write smaller and keep his/her letters on the lines.
- __ has struggles with fine motor skills.
- __ needs to slow down and form letters carefully.
- __'s handwriting is a challenge to decipher.
- __ needs to press more gently with the pencil and erase mistakes more completely.
- __ needs to take more pride in the neatness of his/her penmanship.
- __ needs to refer to the letter chart in our classroom when he/she does not know how to form letter symbols.
- __ needs to practice handwriting skills.
- __ has beautiful cursive handwriting.